We finally were ready to try another camping trip with our kids. We had tried to go camping with Reese when she was younger,but the colder weather and her not being able to move in her sleep properly made the trip a failure. Read more about it HERE. We were then invited to go with friends who have kids as well as 2 other couples with kids to Joe Wheeler State Park which looks really nice. However, Sebastian had a fever the night before, and we found out the temperature was supposed to plummet again. So, we had to cancel going that weekend. The weekend after that, the weather was supposed to be a lot nicer so we decided to try the same camp grounds we had tried with Reese at Monte Sano State Park. They are very close to home, so if we did have to go home for some reason we could have without too much trouble. Grant was able to take Friday off, and we were allowed to check into our campsite around 11am. At noon is when we ended up leaving the house,but we had a pit stop to make at Walmart before hand.